Mixed Media Beginner Art Journal for Lindy’s Gang
Hi awesome Lindy’s Gang! It’s Cindy here and today and I’d like to show you this YouTube tutorial explaining how to create a fairly easy Journal Page perfect for beginners. This time I mainly used Lindy’s Moon Shadow Mist, just to give them the spotlight they deserve ;).
Watch the video below or check it out on the Lindy’s Gang YouTube channel
- I started with a page from my Journal and added a layer of Clear Gesso
- Then I cut out the moon from a piece of Tissue Paper and adhered it to the page using Mod Podge
- After this dried, I added a quick thin layer of white gesso to even the image out a bit
- Then I started stamping; I used Archival Jet Black ink and stamps by AB Studio and AALL and Create
- I’ve used a stencil and some modeling paste to create texture, I also added some Lindy’s Geranium Coral Blush EP on top before I dried the paste with my heat tool
- I used several colors of Moon Shadow Mist – Pegleg Pete Purple, Moonlit Mulberry, Van Dyke Sepia, Gossamer Gold – to create a vintage look on the page, it’s important to dry layers in between
- To add some color I used Polite People Purple Squirts and diluted it with quite a lot of water and a wet baby wipe
And some close-ups:
- Sprays: Pegleg Pete Purple, Moonlit Mulberry, Van Dyke Sepia, Gossamer Gold
- Squirts: Polite People Purple Squirts
- Embossing Powder: Lindy’s Geranium Coral Blush EP
- Clear Gesso, White Gesso, Mod Podge, AB Studio // AALL and Create stamps, Archival Jet Black Ink, Finnabair Tissue Paper
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!